Fairs are supposed to be fun.

My mom and I went to a job fair yesterday. It wasn't like the job fairs that I'm familiar with where employers come to one area and you interview with them. We went there and there were three women interviewing us. They worked for the temp agency whose building we were in. I interviewed with this nice lady named Holly. Then there were skills tests and then a butt load of paperwork. It took us three hours to get out of there. Ugh. If I was interviewing with potential employers, I think I'd feel better about it. One of the girls that was waiting with us said that her friend went to one of these and got a job soon afterwards. I hope that she's the rule rather than the exception.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?