Sugar Free

This has shaped up to be a pretty shitty week. I got fired yesterday. I have never been fired from a job before because, frankly, I'm a damn good worker. According to Scott, I have exhibited a "negative" attitude at work and that I didn't get good reviews from "secret shoppers." Funny how he couldn't come up with a single instance when I asked him to give me specifics. Also questionable since I used to get "excellent" reviews and I certainly haven't changed my approach to customers.

Actually, I saw this coming as soon as he got rid of my previous manager, Tracee. He had also got rid of the staff when he hired in the new manager, Danielle. Well Danielle couldn't just run the store all by herself. He needed me to stay and keep things going. I was tolerable for a certain end. In the off season, which begins after Easter, there has always been three staff members. The fourth finished her training--oh let's see--yesterday. So now that he has a full staff, I was a convenient cut. Saves him money.

My friend Erin took me out for a celebratory dinner. She always tells me that I'm too good for that job and she's right. This may be the beginning of something better.

Comments

Kristel said…
I can key his car for you if you like... I've always wanted a reason to do something malicious. I am sorry to hear about this though and I definitely hope that you find something better than that hole. You're allowed to see these "secret shopper" review things, right?
Anonymous said…
Sorry to hear about you losing your job Davie! But Erin is right you are too good for that place! Good luck on the job search! Keep me posted.

Season
David said…
@Kris: Go for it. I'm certain Katrina would help you. And no, I can't see the secret shopper reports. If they exist at all...

@Season: Thanks. It was coming for a couple months now. I'll let you know if I get some good leads. Other than the Banana Republic.
Unknown said…
Oh no! I understand work drama, believe me. When you are forced to act, the best things can happen I'm convinced...
Ur-spo said…
i too am sorry
it feels awful to be sacked.
still, I hope some good comes of it. when a door slams, a window opens!
David said…
Herb and ur-spo, It can only get better from here! :-) I've got an interview on Tuesday for a temp position already. I'm thinking about heading up to MSU to see if I can get any leads there. And ur-spo, thanks for commenting!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?