The Networking Sites

Chances are that if you are reading this blog, or any blog for that matter, you are aware of networking sites such as MySpace, Friendster, and Facebook. I was an early adopter when these sites first started. However, I never had much use for them since none of my friends used them. Only Facebook took off for me. The other accounts went dormant.

At the beginning, the only reason why I wanted to be on a networking site was for the possibility of meeting long lost friends. I figured that if these sites became popular enough, some might be able to reconnect. Maybe I would have been one of them. In particular, I was hoping that I’d be able to find Brandon Mullins (I use his last name in the hopes that he Googles himself and finds this page), my best friend from my time in Key West. So far, nothing has turned up.

Yesterday, though, I reconnected with a friend from college. I haven’t talked to Brian in a couple of years. I looked him up on Facebook but he was never there until he joined a few days ago. A week ago, a classmate from high school added me to her friend list on MySpace. I haven’t seen her in seven years. Now, I’ve seen that she has a husband and son. And that makes having one of these accounts worthwhile. For so little time and effort, I’ve reconnected with people I probably would have forgotten with a few more years.

Now, I’m finding these accounts to be even more valuable as I’m connecting with other bloggers. [Nods to PJS, Herb, and Roy] It’s cool and I keep telling myself that I probably should do more interacting through these sites. I’ll get on it, I promise. In the mean time, look me up. I can always use another friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?