See? I’m not crazy.

Every now and then I try to convince myself that my parents aren’t homophobes. I could tell them and after some shock, they’d realize that they love me and that they’ll accept me. Then they say some stupid shit that makes me think that they will never get it.

Last night, I was watching Family Guy with my dad. It was that episode where Stewie and Brian go into the army. In one of the scenes, a recruiting poster said “Be All That You Can Be – Unless You’re Gay” My dad then says, “Then they go to the front of the line.”

What a way to end my birthday.

Comments

Moncrief Speaks said…
What does that even mean? I don't get it. Go to the front of the line if you're gay? That seems pretty positive! Go to the front of the line if you're not gay? That's just a reflection of reality and DADT. I guess I don't see the deep homophobia there, hen. I'm sure you had to be there.
Kapitano said…
I think it means "Gays go to the front so they get shot first - 'cos all they're good for is taking bullets for the manly real soldiers."

I sometimes wonder whether having kids turns decent people into hate filled imbeciles. Or whether it's just that hate filled imbeciles tend to be the ones who have kids.

But then, I only realised how truly stupid and full of bile my parents were when they found out I was gay. One day they might forgive me for humiliating them by having boyfriends. I'll certainly never forgive them.
carey said…
Happy birthday, David. Wow, I can't imagine how hard it must to feel you can't tell your parents what others have known about you for two years. I wish you could trust them enough to be honest with them.
Brian Farrey said…
Happy birthday, spud. How's that studying coming?
David said…
Kapitano's got it, moncrief.

Thanks, Carey. I wish I could feel comfortable letting them know too. Someday soon, I hope.

Brian, you will get your update in just a bit... :-)
Moncrief Speaks said…
That's simply vile and cynical! Cyncial because he's implying that anyone who joins the army is basically cannon fodder.
Anonymous said…
That's horrible!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?