Crikey! Steve's Dead

I woke up to the news that the Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, has died. I'll give you a guess as to what he died from. Alright--It wasn't by crocodile. But, it was by stingray. (I've never heard of anyone dying by stingray before.)

Read the story here. Read John's take on it here and here. Figures he'd get to it before I did.

I remember when I was in the Philippines. I met this guy also named David who was a student from Australia (actually, he was a student at the University of London.) At first I thought he was a Brit. So we start talking about our home countries and I brought up Steve Irwin. At the time the Crocodile Hunter was big in the States. I saw his face drop and he let out a loud grown. Had I said something wrong? Yup. Apparently, he's not as appreciated in Australia. I found that funny. Sure, Irwin was over the top but he's not someone to be embarrassed over. He's no Tom Cruise or anything.

Stingray, huh? That sucks.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So I heard on the Bob and Tom radio show this morning that only like 3 people a year die from sting ray attacks. I just am surprised that the Crocodile Hunter would be one of them.
David said…
Oh. I heard that he was the third person to dies from a sting ray. Honestly, I thought that if he was going to die, he'd be bitten by one of those poisonous little critters that Australia is littered with. *shudder*
Anonymous said…
Hey - not all of our critters are poisonous - some of them will just disembowel you instead...
David said…
^Oh! Even better!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?