Ouch. Damn It!

<<--See also: Where’s My Saw?

Today was the first day running since I injured my left foot. I don’t know what I’ve done to it but at least I’m no longer crying in agony when I put weight on it. The only time that I am limping is when getting back on it after it has rested for a while. For instance, I know I will hurt when I get up from the couch that I am currently reclined on. However, once I walk on it for a few steps, it will return to almost normal. I say normal because I can walk on it normally but it still aches. I wonder if it is so fragile that I can re-injure it. With that in mind, I went running today. It has been two weeks since I the last time I did and I don’t want to slip back into not exercising again.

The start of the run was a little stiff but as I got into hit, it seemed to get better. Two weeks did a lot to destroy what I had built up. I probably ran less than half of what I did last time before I had to stop and walk. Kacey is going to drag me along on a leash on Monday for me to keep up. When it was done, my ankle flared up. I must have run on my foot wrong. Now let’s hope that in the morning, my body won’t be screaming for pills.

Comments

LBH said…
How long have you had your trainers?

If they are pretty old it might be a good idea to invest in a new pair as they don't actually last that long and then you are in danger of doing yourself an injury.
David said…
Oh there is no question that I need new running shoes er... trainers. There actually next on my to-buy list after I get my car insurance settled and cell phone bill paid. But I've decided to take another week off at least.

And Kate, it's great to see you back! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?