I’ve got to do something about this.

Ah, the perks of working in a candy store. My boss brought back some a lot of samples from the candy show that was held in Chicago for us when we had a general store meeting. Some of it was candy that the company president was thinking about carrying, some of it was old, and some of it wasn’t available to the general public yet.

Take a look at those candies in the picture. That is probably a third of the haul that I took in. Yeah, some of it didn’t survive the journey home. Those handed painted gum bears haven’t been released yet. I don’t what the retail price of it will be, but I can tell you right now… that it’s not worth it. The Ritter Sports are, however. Good stuff and this time, the samples came directly from Europe and not the branch locations here in North America. The Strawberry Cowtails were pretty decent but I’m not sure if they will do well against the chocolate and caramel versions. The chocolate poprocks were interesting. Unlike the traditional rocks which pop right away, you have to dissolve the chocolate coating first before it starts to fizzle.

All this eating has gotten me fatter. I’m currently trading messages with my friend Kacey to set up a running schedule down at the park in Niles. She used to run with me for a short while when I was in AFROTC. I think its time to start again. Oh, it’s going to be a painful next couple of weeks if we can get it sorted out.

Comments

Brian Farrey said…
Running's too hard on the knees. Go biking!
David said…
With the way some of the local drive around here, I'd be too scared. That... and my bike is about to fall apart. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?