Memories fade.

Way back in the days, there was a song called Tubthumping by the group Chumbawamba. This was back before I found out about Napster. Actually, I think it was before I even had the internet. So the only way I could listen to this awesome song was to record it on cassette. Remember those? I’d listen to it over and over again, belting out the wrong lyrics. What? I had no idea was a lager or cider drink was. And I thought that “pissing the night away” was literally needing to take a piss after drinking so much. Ah, ignorance!

It was a popular song and obviously I wasn’t the only one who was movin’ to it. One of my classmates liked the song very much. She died. They played her favorite songs at her viewing. Tubthumping and I Don’t Want To Miss a Thing by Aerosmith. I couldn’t listen to either song. It brought up some very sad emotions that I’d sooner just forget. I avoided those two songs even though I still had a copies of them.

The other day my computer was playing randomly through my entire music collection when Tubthumping came on. And although it still evokes a memory, for the first time in a long time, I enjoyed it as I once did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?