Because I Want To

It was a rough time at church yesterday. The church isn’t known for it fire and brimstone services but it sure felt like one that morning. The end is coming, look to Jesus. That bit. After excommunicating myself, it was best that I got away from my parents for while. So I headed over to my friend Erin’s house.

I know very little about DIY but it was fun trying things for the first time such as wallpaper removal. We did that in her bathroom which feels like it is 5’ X 5’. It was easy enough until we got to her vanity. To get to the wallpaper behind it, we would have to take it down which also involved some electrical know-how which I had basically none. Yeah, it had to wait until her friend Kevin came by.

There was also a trip to Lowe’s where she had to pick up some more supplies. She got some swatches to see what kind of colors she would like to paint in her bathroom. I’m proud to say that I got some colors that were well received. At the moment, however, her foam colored paint had to go onto the hallway so I wrapped up my time with that.

Normally, I only spend time with Erin alone or with someone we both know. This time I got to meet some of her other friends who I knew only in passing. I never really talked to them before but they seem like a genuinely nice crowd but that shouldn’t surprise me. I don’t know if she’ll have another group out to help, but if she wants, I’m game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?