I'm done.

One of my friends is an idiot. I say that with love however. How do you stop a person from making the same mistakes over and over? I'm not going to name names here but I'm sure that a few readers will know who I am talking about. Anyways, a friend who I have deep affection for is continuing to squander her life for drugs and a relationship with a man who is also on a path of self-destruction. For a long time, I thought I was being a good friend by trying to engage her. For the past year, however, it feels like I've become the only active part of our friendship. I pulled back and it has gotten me six months without communication from her despite the fact that she lives only a few miles from me. I'm done with hoping that I'll receive a call from her or maybe a note. What a sad way for it to end with a person who I trusted before all others. And I feel so guilty because I feel that I wasn't good enough to get her on the right path and because I don't want to try anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?