Relationships

A couple days ago, I made an effort to track down my sister's blog. She has one at MSN spaces. There is a small amount of regret that I did that. She talked about her relationship with her (former?) boyfriend. Here is an excerpt:
I miss holding him... kissing him... his warmth... his scent... his touch... feeling his arms around me...
Eww. Eww. Eww. Suspecting your sister's sex life is one thing, beginning to know about it is well... kind of uncomfortable. Such is life though. It probably would help if my family was more open about relationships but we're not. It's very uptight. Everyone knows that I compartmentalize my life. My relationships (or non-relationships) are never discussed with my family. I just can't go there with them. Now that I'm beginning to get exposed to the realities of what is out there, I am trying to get a grip on it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dave... this makes me slightly uncomfortable... would you mind rethinking what you wrote?
David said…
Which part? Literally interpreting "sex life" to mean that you are engaging in intercourse or that you have a relationship that has some basis in sex?

Either way... [shudders]

Sorry, I just can't think of you as my pure little sister anymore.

If you want, we can discuss this when I come up. I promise not to squint my eyes and say, "Eww. Eww. Eww." That was just a gut reaction to when I first read your blog entry. Really.
Anonymous said…
All of it! Who said anything about sex in my post?! All those actions and descriptions are from a romantic state of mind who missed having someone to hug and kiss!

I never pushed you about your sex life or whatever it is that you do or have done. I respected the fact that you like your privacy and are uncomfortable talking about something so intimate and personal!

"Sorry, I just can't think of you as my pure little sister anymore." Thanks man, really.
David said…
You know, written stuff just never conveys the right tone...

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?