Good Luck Better Be Around the Corner

I am going to be fired I just know it. This past week and a half have been hell (aside from Friday and Saturday). Last week I had to call off from work and the internship due to a severe cold that I had. Last night, I hurt myself which requires me to claim worker’s comp.
It was about thirty minutes into my shift when I tripped forward on a pallet. I thought that I may have minorly bruised the top of my foot. For the first couple of hours, I limped a little but I soon got over it. Then towards the end of the shift it got worse again. I took a Vicodin pill that I had left over from my surgery when I got home. The only thing that we had in the house was asprin and I knew that wasn’t going to cut it. I woke up early in the morning and I knew that I had to go report this. It wasn’t going to go away.

The first thing that had to be done was filling out the report. I swear it took an hour to do it. Then there was the drug screening which required one of the assistant managers to come with me to the medical clinic. For a Tuesday morning, it was quite busy. It took an outrageous ten minutes before they could allow me to pee in a cup. At least there were only a few minutes to wait before I got treated by the doctor. His diagnosis was a contusion and strain with a possible cracked bone.

So I have light duty, at least until Sunday when I will reevaluate my condition and notify my supervisor if I can return to my normal duties. What I am real worried about is the drug test. I had Vicodin in my system when I took it. I took one pill when I got home on the day of the injury and then another one this morning. Vicodin is a prescription drug and will show up on the test. My prescription for Vicodin has expired. Oops. Hopefully they take in mitigating circumstances rather than adhere to zero tolerance.

But what am I going to do now? I have a wedding to go to on Friday. I got to you know… get my groove on. I’m not sure I can pull it off with my grandpa cane.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I say just go and have fun. Accidents happen and they usually happen when we are least prepared. As for the vicodin, you have a little bit to worry about but vicodin is made of tylenol so you should show an elevated level of tylenol in your system. I'm not saying you should tell your supervisor that you took a bottle of tylenol by any means but that's always a viable excuse. Sorry to hear about your luck.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?