Before the holidays?

As you may know, I bitch and complain about how understaffed we are in the back room. We need a staff that is twice as big as it was. I say was because another one of our coworkers has left. Well, actually he was fired. Granted, the guy deserved to be fired. I'll give the company that. But when you take a pragmatic view on what is going there, you have to question why it had to be don. First of all, there is a hiring freeze. No one is getting hired for a full time position. Second, they are cutting hours for all associates already. Yeah, I've got 4 hours knocked off my schedule this week. Lastly, this is just as we are getting into all this holiday crap. Could they have picked a worse time to fire someone? I'm telling you, they are just shooting themselves in the foot over this one.

Ms. Sally said that he was fired yesterday which was the day I had off. She was pretty pissed because they fired him first thing. That left two big trucks (a 1,900 and a 1,600 from what I hear) to be worked by 4 people. I shudder at the thought of what they had to do to get all that crap into the back and out to the floor by midnight. Ms. Sally told me that they should have fired this guy after the trucks were done. I believe her exact words were, "You don't fire the dishwasher until the dishes are done." If Wal-mart wants to screw him-- fine, but don't screw us as well.

Comments

I use to work at Pic n Save (Big Lots) a long time ago unlaoding stuff out of the truck. It is no easy task.

Dang. Quite idiotic what they did, I agree with Ms Sally completely.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?