Another post from the backroom

The Star Wars Episode III DVD's have been sitting in Wal-mart stores all across the nation for at least a week now. At least, that's when I became aware that our Wal-mart had them in the back room.

A few days ago, Kacey from electronics, was this close to having a nervous breakdown because the three display cases were buried in a hard to reach area of the backroom.

"You have got to get those things out. I have to have them ready by Monday."

Dan and I looked at her as if she lost her mind. Considering what had to be done that day... we weren't going to mess with it. We didn't take care of it until tonight. But I can see why she was stressing. As you know, Tuesday is when all new music and movies are released. This means that on Monday night, Kacey (It's always her for some reason, and she's a part-timer) will be setting up all the displays just before midnight, when she can finally release the items out onto the sales floor.

Star Wars Episode III has a priority this upcoming Monday. A point that she made clearly this evening.

"I'm telling you, there are going to be people in here waiting at midnight. Hell, there were twenty people waiting when the [Star Wars Episode III] toys came out!"

She speaks the truth. We even have a couple people who camp out by the toy section so they can have a crack at the Hot Wheels toys when they come in at night. And those damn things are like 99¢!
We got a call from the store manager who was making sure that these three displays were pulled out and ready to be assembled. Apparently, the neighboring Wal-mart (It's like 15 miles away--I swear these things are everywhere) has reported that their displays had been broken into. They don't have a full inventory. The manager wanted to make sure that if the neighboring store ran out, we would be able to absorb their customers. Whatever. If they run out, odds are we will too.

Honestly, I think that these three displays will be enough until we start getting the normal shipments of the DVD's. And even if it's not, these geeks need to learn some patience anyways. I mean, I want to get the DVD, but I'm not going to hang around the store until midnight. It'll be there in the morning or whenever I decide to drop by. (I've already found out that I'm working that night, so I'll buying one before I head home at 1am.)

As I was pulling out the displays, I noticed this hole in the display. Uh oh, could someone have been trying to steal from us just like some people did over at the other Wal-mart? I looked in and everything seemed to be there. As a safety measure, I went ahead and called the mangers. I wanted to cover my butt so I wasn't accused of anything.

I'm sorry about the poor picture quality. I never bring a camera with me so you'll just have to deal with these camera phone shots. Look on theb right side, even though they don't look the best, at least you've got something to see. Can you imagine if this post was just text?

[Sartwars? Alright, who got the pirated crap?]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?