Go Green!

When you record a game like football, it's just not the same thing as watching it live. I should have taped yesterday's MSU v. ND game. Or better yet, I should have called off from work! [cough, cough] It turned out to be an awesome, nail-biting one that I wouldn't have wanted to miss. Since I had to work, and since Wal-mart doesn't allow its workers to have any contact with the outside world, I had my sister text me updates on my cell phone. Thanks Kris!! Ms. Sally even called to the back room at half time and at the final to give me updates so I was well informed. The results: Michigan State won 44 to 41 in overtime. For more information go here or here.

Of course, I had to show my school spirit, so I dug out my Michigan State shirt that I always wore at the football games. I gave thought to painting my face but that might have crossed the managers' patience. I had already gotten rid of my vest (to show off my shirt) and wore my "M Go Blow" name badge. I got a hiss and a "Michigan sucks." (Umm, we're not called Michigan, we're called State. Michigan is the other university) It's not unexpected since I'm less than ten miles away from Notre Dame. But I didn't get too much grief. After all, we won.

Latter that night, I heard that someone (probably Sparty) went on the field at the end of the game and planted the MSU flag right on their turf to the thunderous boos of the crowd. Oh what I would give to see that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?