Can you hear the waves crashing?

Last night, Erin and I took a short trip to Lake Michigan. I certainly needed this. After having a long series of brain fits, I needed to get out and just enjoy a bit of nature. Having Erin along was great as I needed someone as a sounding board for all the thoughts that I needed to articulate.

I went and picked her up. I wasn't keen on heading to Lions or Silver Beach in St. Joe. Instead, I wanted some place with less traffic. We headed over to New Buffalo where Redamak's is located. Honestly, I don't see where all the good reviews about that diner come from. It really wasn't that magnificent. Good but not great.

I didn't know of a beach in New Buffalo. I generally knew how to get to the lake (head west, you'll run into it eventually) but I didn't know of a public access point. So we headed up to Warren Dunes. I was fairly certain that there would be signs pointing the way. I was wrong... okay, I was just blind. After traveling too far north, I just swung a left. I figured we'd just hit the shore and skim it until we found a place.
And find a place we did. We came to a secluded park/residential area. It was quite creepy as it was all nestled in dune and forest. See the first photo. We were surrounded by all these expensive lake houses, probably owned by a bunch of FIP's (Illinois variety.) But we found a public path (photo 1) and made our way to the beach. We got there just as the sun was setting. Apparently my wish for a little seclusion was granted as there was no one there.

I chickened out of swimming. First, Erin didn't bring a bathing suit (what she plans to do when she goes to a lake, I have no idea). Second, the water looked a bit threatening as it was getting dark. Third, no one was around to rescue me if I got sucked out on rip current. So instead we strolled a bit on the beach. I guess it was a blessing in disguise as we got around to talking about some important subjects.

In about a month, her best friend Carrie will be getting married. I'm going to be her date for the evening. My gut is just sore from laughing about how much this could be a comedy show. Just the little things-- don't worry about it. But I will make sure to take a certain picture that I'm sure some of you will get. And if not, I'll explain at that time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?