A beautiful day for football!

College football season is here! And I don't have tickets damn it. Okay, so last week were the openers, but really, now we are getting to the good stuff.

Right now, I'm watching Notre Dame versus the University of Michigan. You may be thinking that I would be rooting for UofM since I live in Michigan and it is our premier school. You would be wrong. ND is just south of me, and I'm more attached to them than Michigan. Plus their students are a helluva lot more fun. Let loose a lot of repressed Catholics and you get the picture. As of right now, there is about 3 minutes left into the first quarter and ND leads 7-0. Not a comforting lead, but I'll take it. I'm debating whether I should tape the game 'cause I got to get to work. But I guess it doesn't really matter as I will probably find out the result while on my shift anyways.

Michigan State is playing Hawaii later this afternoon. My friend Dusty, who still attends State, will be there. I'm green with envy (and not school spirit). I should have asked him to txt me the game stats while I'm working. Admittedly, State is not as important to broadcasters as ND or UofM. As a result, no one but ESPN Plus is carrying us. :( So I won't know anything about the game until Sunday morning.

Next week though, State goes to Notre Dame. Now that will be a game to watch! 3:30 EDT on NBC. Y'all better be rooting for the Spartans!

UPDATE:
I rolled into work just as the ND-UofM game was ending. The Irish won it 17-10. Great stuff.

I couldn't follow the State game but when I got home I found that revenge is indeed sweet. Spartans, 42-14. Click here for an article on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?