Aww, H-E-double hockey sticks

I drove to K-zoo to pick up my sister Friday night. On the way back, I got pulled over by a cop. On Cleveland. In the middle of fucking nowhere. At night. With little to no traffic. My offense? Going 60 in a 55mph zone! WHAT THE FUCK?! 5mph over the speed limit in those conditions. What the hell is his problem? I am willing to bet that he was just looking for someone to pull over to fulfill whatever quota he was given by the department. So now that I have "donated" some money to the Baroda community, I'm on a boycott. No business from me in that loon town.

And this is why I like troopers more than townies or county mounties. At least they aren't motivated to pull people over just to make sure that their departments receive money.

Oh, and let me rant about the fine schedule. For going 1mph over the speed limit, I pay $95. For going 5mph over the speed limit, I pay $95. It doesn't increase until I go 10mph over the speed limit. But then my fine only increases $5 to $100. Damn, maybe if I had been going 65mph, I could have gotten a deal. Got home a little quicker for only five bucks more.

My first ticket for something so inane.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?