We're WHAT?!

While I was attending TRIAD, one of the county mounties said that the state of Michigan had the worst drivers in the country. Umm, maybe in the eastern part of the state but here in the west, them crazy drivers are all FIPs. The Michiganders around here just know how everything works and can execute maneuvers with their eyes closed. Hell, sometimes I actually miss the Michigan left turns sometimes. It sounds like a retarded concept but it works. I thought this cop was off his rocker when he said that we were bad drivers. We are the motor state. You would think that we would be the best.

Looking back to the way I was driving on my way back, maybe there is some truth. So I'm zooming down I-94 just west of Romulus. Ever since I got on by the airport, there has been nothing but construction. Along with road repairs, they're trying to build some artsy fartsy new bridge. It's afternoon rush hour. People are leaving the city either to get back to the 'burbs or to their vacation destination (it was Friday.) We are all moving as a pack down the freeway at 80mph. No fast lane, no slow lane. We were all moving as one. The trouble is that the speed limit is 70mph but during construction, it is 45mph. If you get caught speeding in a construction zone, your fines are automatically doubled. Anyways, we are all going almost two times faster than what we should have been. As we came over a hill, we saw a squad car parked along the side with a state policeman standing behind an open door pointing a speed gun at us all. I saw him. The others saw him and suddenly everything turned a tinge of red as everyone applied their brakes. I had to smile as I knew that the chances that I would be getting a ticket were really remote. There were just too many people blatantly speeding.

Still, I refuse to accept that our state is full of crap drivers. They live in Illinois or Indiana.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?