Friday – TRIAD

With minutes to spare after getting lost, we got to Taylor just in time. The TRIAD conference, although disorganized at first, seemed to actually go well. My supervisor Patty seemed to be a little irritated but she went along just fine.

Going to various workshops felt like I was back at school. Feeling a little high school because everything was back to back. Feeling a little college because I was snoring through some of it! (Okay, maybe it wasn’t that boring.) Actually the CERT presentation had my complete attention. Or maybe it was the instructor that had it. :D The disaster preparedness was something I wanted to see given our anxiety left over from 9-11 as well from THE blackout. There was also a little first aid demonstration that the nurse showed us. She even had a little kid come up and prove that little kids probably won’t save your life even though they will make a well meaning try.

The whole thing ended at four. Door prizes were handed out. The second person in front of me won (-64). The person after me won (-67) and the second person after me won (-68). Talk about rotten luck! As we headed back for home, we had to stop by Kzoo again for Season’s job. Then a place to cash her check. Then a little rest in Dowagiac. Then to Niles to drop her off. When I finally got back into Galien, all I could think about was crashing into my bed. I thought about heading to the Landing, a bar club in Indiana to meet up with Erin but I was too tired. BUT we will be going again soon.


Patty, my supervisor, is the lady in front with the limish top on. Cass County Sheriff Underwood is the gentlemen in the back. Second in from the right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?