Thursday, August 11, 2005

Visiting relatives

I woke up to the pattering of little feet and squeals. Turning over to look at my clock radio, I saw that I had four minutes until it would go off. I buried my head into my pillow, trying to capture my few remaining moments before I would have to take on the day.

Eeeee!

Okay, I guess I'll just have to get up. I walked out into the hallway to see my two cousins alive and well in the main living room. Alyssa and James are here for today and tomorrow while their mom is out on business. [sarcasm]Lucky us [/sarcasm]. I don't know how to handle little kids, and James practically screams his head off if I get near him. I just know that at some point during all this, my parents are going to want some time alone and my sister will be at work... and I'll have to watch them. In all seriousness, I told my Dad that if that were to happen, I'm just going to put a leash on them and tie 'em to the tree in the yard.
So far, no major incidents have occurred but I still might want to slip out a message to my friends to have them rescue me from this place! Two rounds on me guys if you can extract me without alerting my family. I'll pop in a Disney tape and distract them...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah... at least you didn't have to spend the entire night cradling a sick child (James) before heading off for a 8 hour day at work. Don't get me wrong, the lil' kid is adorable and I think that it's great that I'm one of the few people he's comfortable with... but geez out... I really wanted some sleep! :( Plus whenever you had to go to the bathroom, ya didn't have them pawing at the door crying for you... *sighs* Gotta love the little buggers ^^

Welcome James!

US Immigration sucks. It has taken a while but my cousin's stepson, James, has made it to America and has been reunited with his mother....