Thursday – MSU

Season and I were able to leave the COA a little early but we still had to take care of things before we actually made the trip up to East Lansing. Gas, lunch, money, clothes. We still left with good time even though we had to stop by K-zoo. Season had some work related issues to deal with up there.

When we got up there, I called up Moose to let him know that we would be dropping by his room when we got our hotel room. I was planning to get a room at the Super 8 but Grand River was horribly clogged. Instead, we went for the Hamilton Inn in Okemos. $120 for the night. Ouch.

I thought about looking up Dusty but I never told him that I was planning on coming to campus. Plus, I think that there might have been some issues that I didn'’t want to deal with at the time. But Season and Moose were introduced and we gave her a short tour of campus. It was a tour for me as well. I saw the new Sparty statue that was put up as well as the addition to the Spartan Stadium where the original Sparty is now located.

I told Moose that the next time I came up, I would take him out for a drink. The Barrel seemed reasonable. Perhaps I was looking for something more exotic, but maybe it was still best to play it low key. Throughout our time, I was worried that Season wouldn'’t feel comfortable with the conversation or that she might be left out. I still don't know what to make of the encounter. Then we went to Paul'’s house, a friend of Moose. We watched a little bit of TV before going to Midnight Madness.

For those who don'’t know, MSU is going through Welcome Week right now. Midnight Madness is an event where Meijer holds a huge sale for returning students. It used to be a lot bigger where stores all along Grand River Ave. had sales. Sadly it's been largely reduced. CATA provides free bussing and the place is choked with students. Meijer gave out free food and drinks. A live band performed, and the MSU cheerleaders threw out free goodies. It was getting late. Season and I didn'’t have to buy anything. So we made our leave of Moose and Paul.

I would have liked to have done some other things while I was there, but time restriction and lack of planning really didn'’t allow us to do it. But, I may be going up there in a little while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?