I lost money to see old people dance.

Today, the internship took me to the Cass County Fair in Cassopolis. The COA was sponsoring a dance class there around noon and Season took me along to go take some pictures. As you can see here, there weren't that many people around. When we got to the fair grounds, I would guestimate that I saw maybe sixty people. When we finally got to our building where the dance class was being held, there were only seven couples. For the most part they seem to be enjoying themselves as they were doing waltzes and tangos-- other old timer dances. It didn't take us long for the pictures to be taken. Season got all the good ones for she is "the professional." I offered to give her some of my snap shops as well. I just have to remember to send them to her by email.

Despite Berrien County claiming to have the "Midwest's largest youth fair," I thought that the BCYF was actually pretty small. It was hard to imagine anything smaller. Nope, Cass County destroyed that belief almost immediately. Like I said before, there was hardly anyone there. Granted, we arrived in the morning, but still, even at BCYF, the place is buzzing as soon as the gates are open. By the time we left, the rides were still not being operated due to the lack of riders. And it was early afternoon when we did so.
Season and I walked around--for about ten minutes to see all the sights. Walked down the street shown below and we saw everything. Well except maybe the livestock exhibits. But really, who wants to go look at dirty, smelly animals before lunch? Not us. As we were walking back, I stopped to get something to eat. My first time eating fair food since... well, a while. For the outrageous price of six bucks (for my international readers that is P336[PHP], £3.38, or ¥666), I got myself a slice of pizza and a Pepsi. I decided that the elephant ears, gyros, Philly steaks, funnel cakes, and corn dogs could wait a couple more weeks... or maybe until tomorrow when I go there again.



Fish 'n Chips & Egg Rolls. Hmm... this must be the ethnic booth.

It's sad when the only thing there that really caught my attention was this 2000 Mustang. [sigh] I just had to go up to it and run my hand across the hood and leather interior. I closed my eyes for just a few seconds so I could imagine me tearing down the highway. But instead of staring at it all day, I took a picture because--you know-- it lasts longer. Chadfox recently wrote about his doctor friend buying one of these kick ass cars.

Before heading back to the COA, we stopped by Diamond Lake. As with most lakes here, the place is surrounded by nice houses that I could only one day hope to afford. But looking at the water here, I wouldn't want to go in that. Too polluted. One of these days I will have my Mustang and beach house. I just have to go out and snag me a doctor or lawyer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?