Day 2 @ Cass County Fair


I went back to the Cass County fair yesterday for the first half of my internship. My supervisor Patty was there for some programs that the COA was hosting in the morning and early afternoon. When I got there around 10, the place was still deserted. This time it was understandable since the rest of the fair didn't start until 11. These three country singers were performing when I met up with Patty. They were really good as they stayed an hour over their allotted time with their captivated audience.

After the trio was done, Season and I went out to get some lunch. Way at the other end of the food strip, there was a little and unremarkable booth with a simple sign that said, "Miss Saigon." It may not have been much it gave the best deal for food out of all the booths there in my opinion. Yesterday, I paid $6 for a pizza and pop. For $5, I got an eggroll, fried rice, bourbon chicken, and a pop.

We headed back to the COA site with our food and saw a radio program being put on. You know-- those shows they did on radio before TV? After taking the pictures for the Messenger, Season and I got down to eating the rest of our food, listening occasionally to the show. I don't recall which radio series they did, but I remember that I wasn't that interested in it. Some family type of show. I really wish that they did The Shadow. I probably would have stayed the full time if they had done that.


I had some office work back at the COA so when we left, Season and I took a picture of this little guy that I had almost stepped on. For the rest of the day at the office, I worked on some advertisements that will go into The Messenger. A project that was to take maybe 45 minutes took me three hours. I just couldn't concentrate. But I got it done and headed home.

I was expecting to go out with Erin, Carrie, and Justin in the evening but it didn't happen. Postponed until Monday night. I'm kind of uncomfortable going out to drink on a Monday, but that comes from a time when I planned on getting buzzed (at best) whenever I went out for drinks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?