Fair Food 1

Fair week is just a glutton fest. It's probably worse than Thanksgiving. At least on that day, it's just one day of stuffing. This... this is four days of grazing at a wide selection of delicious and fattening foods. All this stuff rapidly deflates my wallet but I figure, most of this stuff I only eat once a year. Really, who makes elephant ears in their kitchen for the fun of it? Or German roasted almonds? Or Blue Moon ice cream?

So Monday was day one. Because the fair opens at eleven, and I have to be in Niles by three for work, I just went there to wander aimlessly and get lunch. My sister came along so she could get out of some farm work. I don't blame her. I'd rather be at the fair than hoeing or picking berries. We weren't able to go into the livestock barns. Judging was still taking place. We only saw a bunch of cows really. Speaking of cow-- we decided to eat some by getting a Philly Steak sandwich.

A Philly Cheesesteak is sooo much better-- preferably in PA. In a pinch, this will do though.

Then there is the Pennsylvania Dutch Funnel Cake. I swear it's just a bunch of pancake batter fried up but it tastes slightly more sweet. And no, that's not due to the powdered sugar on top. I could probably look up a recipe on line, but I'm lazy. I'd never use it anyways. $5.00 for the sandwich, $3.50 for the funnel cake.

Tomorrow, I will be abandon the Pennsylvania food in favor of Wisconsin... which means CHEESE, CHEESE, CHEESE.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Why, oh why did you have to post that picture?! >__<'
C. Hedges said…
Funnel cakes ...

My wife loves going to all the local festivals and fairs to get funnel cakes.

The sandwiches look excellent also!

Deliberate Chaos

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?