Country music... rocks.

The Berrien County Youth Fair had an excellent concert this year. Last year, they brought in Brad Paisley. This year we got Sara Evans and Josh Turner. Great stuff. And for $22, it was a good deal even for this apathetic country music listener. I got some tickets the night before. It was nearly sold out but we got fourth row near the end section. It wasn't a bad seat... but then again, it couldn't get much worse. But I got tickets for Erin and her sister who listen to country more than I do. Dusty also showed up with his date. My aunt was somewhere in the crowd, but I never saw her.

Josh Turner started the concert off. He was pretty good. The songs that will be in his next album seemed to be pretty decent. I may buy it when it comes out. Well... okay, I won't but maybe I'll do some downloading. I've got 45 credits left.
He finished with his hit Long Black Train. Good 'ol country Christian music. As it was playing, I was looking around the crowd. Just drinking in the sight of something that is uniquely American. For all the faults that our country has, there is no place that I'd rather be.

Cause there's victory in the Lord I say
Victory in the lord
Cling to the father and his holy name
and don't go riding on that long Black Train
There was about a half hour intermission between Turner and Sara Evans who was the main attraction. It was funny to see a quarter of the crowd file out to have a smoke while another quarter tried to get Turner autographs. This poor guy in front of us was with his dad. It was obvious that he wasn't a fan of country and his dad was a nut. We all were smirking at each other has he bitched about having to wait a little longer than he expected.
Sara Evans was the star of the show. Just as intended. Her songs seemed more lively and she interacted more with the audience. Actually being able to stand up as she sang was a welcomed relief to my legs which were getting cramped sitting in those bleachers. I swear Filipino theaters have more room! Like Turner, she played some songs from her upcoming album. She played one or two of her hits. Just enough for nostalgia but not enough were I was thinking, "I heard this before. Play something new." Her encore performance was the icing on the cake. I think that her version of Heaven is Place on Earth is better than Belinda Carlisle's. Erin said that she will burn me two of Sara's albums. Which reminds me, I still have to give her a copy of Coldplay.
Since my pictures don't do the performers justice, I ripped two off the net.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?