They always find out--eventually

Well, I'm back after having a drink at The Tavern. Towards the end of my shift, I got a voice mail message from Erin. Apparently she had met up with some guys that I know from my hometown-- Craig and Kenny. Craig's brother, Kevin, was in my grade. Anyways she had found out about the rumor that had gone around during my senior year that we were sleeping together. Now mind you, I was a virgin at 18 so the fact that people were thinking that I was sexually active was a good thing. Of course, it never happened. I never confirmed it-- but I didn't deny it either. I just let them think what they thought and went on with my business.

Fast forward five years and Erin is at her high school reunion. Craig shows up there with his girlfriend... who just happened to go to school with Erin and with Kenny. So some talking goes on Erin finds out that Craig and Kenny went to school with me. So she says, "Oh, do you know David B____?" Yes. Yes, they do. Kenny just had to add, "You're the 'Tent Girl' aren't you?"

So this voice mail message tells me that she's found out that she has a "reputation, thanks to [me.]" Oh shit! To tell you the truth, I'm surprised she didn't find out sooner. It's not as if Galien and Niles kids are segregated from each other. Erin knows some of my friends. So I call her back and find out that she's at The Tavern. Not wanting to get into a conversation while I'm doing 60 on the highway, I tell her that I'll meet up with her in a few minutes. I was prepared to explain everything to Craig and Kenny. I mean everything (if you don't know what I mean by that-- then it's best you get the inside info by email.) I later find out that they had left. So after a bit of ribbing by Erin, I got off the hook. She wasn't mad. In fact we joked quite a bit about "reputations" and some other sinful trivia amongst us all. Poor Justin probably didn't know half of what was going on... but that's okay because neither did I.

So at the end of the evening I have made her "list." I'm number 2-- just after her "first." Damn, I must have been good for it being a non-real event. You know what, she'll be my number one-- at least I find someone real to replace her. Then she'll be my number two too.

Yeah, I know, I was an asshole for letting a rumor like that go on. (It amazes me how elaborate it has gotten over the years.) What can I say, I was stupid and I got caught. So lesson out there for you young teens who stumble across my site and have actually gotten to the end of this post: Don't say you're banging a girl when you're really not... 'cause they will find out and you will probably die a painful death. But then again, you may luck out like I did.

Oh and I got free beer! This night certainly ended on a good note.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?