Just My Day

It was my first day at the COA today. It wasn’t too bad. Patty had me jump right in by having me develop a presentation to the Pokagon Band of Potowatomi Indians. The presentation will be about fraud against the elderly. Scams like telemarketing, phishing, social security, home repair and such. I spent a few hours on the project and I feel bad that I really don’t have too much to show for it other than the notes that I have taken. Over the weekend, I’ll complete a draft of the presentation. Also while I was there, I helped load up their newspapers so they could get mailed out. Some we kept for the upcoming Cass County fair. Before I left, I ordered some new brochures that will be handed out at the meeting (assuming they arrive in time.)

TGIF! In a few, the sci-fi line up will start with all new episodes. Part II of the second season opener of Battlestar Galactica is the one I’m most looking forward to. What is going to happen with Galactica Boomer? Caprica Boomer? Which one will live? What about those on Kobol? Will they even get to them while boarding party goes on a rampage on the battlestar? At this rate, the Cylons don’t really have to worry about tracking down the fleet. They are killing enough of the humans on the limited number of engagements anyways. More are dying than are being replaced.

I just placed an order on the internet to buy the soundtrack of BSG Season 1. After making trips to Borders, Barnes & Nobles, Media Play, and Best Buy, I couldn’t find a copy even though it had been released last month. Trying to make a trip to the larger outlets in Chicago would have been a waste of gas money since it looks like my mini vacation plans to there have been put on hold. While I was completing my order I noticed that they now charge sales tax. Damn. I liked it so much better when you could buy stuff cheaply and without tax over the net.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?