Finally, some hope.

I went to Cassopolis to meet with my supervisor, Patty, and do some paperwork before I started my volunteer/intern duties with the Cass County Council on Aging. I need to shout out a very big, "THANK YOU" to Season for alerting me to this opportunity. I'm hopeful that this will further develop my work experience. In my past searches for jobs, I think that my lack of experience was the biggest factor in not being offered even an interview. It's really tough out there. Even though the country's unemployment rate is low, it is still relatively high in Michigan. Last I heard, Michigan's unemployment rate is twice the national average. Southwest Michigan's unemployment rate is twice the state average. That's pretty tough to overcome. I don't know how much I will be able to share with you as I am under a confidentiality agreement, but I'm sure that I will be able to blog something of substance. So this coming Friday will be my first day. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?