Dowagiac

My internship took me to the town of Dowagiac today. It was something new for me as I haven't been to this town in... 10 years? And even then, it was just passing through. I had to meet my supervisor, Patty, to go over a presentation that I worked out for her about fraud committed against the elderly. Because of extreme laziness on my part, I had spent the whole night putting it together. It made me nervous making a presentation for another person to give because the notes that I write may not transfer right. Will she be able to understand the information that I'm trying to convey and pass that on effectively to the audience? I don't know. I guess I'll find out on Wednesday.

The reason why I had to go to Dowagiac was because the town is holding Fun Fest. Various booths are set up along the historic downtown area. Most of it are organizations and small shops. I did notice a fair ride or two though. It was early in the morning when I got there, so there wasn't much of a crowd as you can see in these pictures. But what I really wanted to show you was the downtown area which is beautifully preserved. You won't find modern big box stores here. It's great and I'm thinking about going to this Italian restaurant which I hear has a really nice atmosphere and is more importantly-- affordable. I'm glad that other communities such as Niles are trying to restore their historic districts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?