I'm going back... maybe

Well, I think I’ve made a decision. I’m going back to school. If not this fall, then probably in January. Things are not set in stone, so this could all change at a moment’s notice. I am currently looking at information about pursuing a second degree in Criminal Justice. My biggest hurdle will be trying to get student loans. Previously, my parents took care of the financial side of my education at least up to the point of tuition. The rest was covered by me. I’m eternally grateful that they helped me get through considering I went to the second most expensive public university in the state. (The University of Michigan being the first.) They haven’t given me any exact figures on how much my student debt is but I’ve got a pretty good idea. I’m sure that in a few months (when the bills start coming in) they’ll let me know. So I’ve estimated that I am going to need at least $20,000 to complete the second degree. Where am I going to come up with that kind of cash? Working at my current job and saving everything I make, it would take me about two years. If I go, I’m doing this on my own. My parents aren’t going to help me. Nor should they considering now that they have to worry about my sister who will be starting at Western Michigan University in a couple months. If anyone can point me to resources for absolutely broke wannabe college students I would really appreciate it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?