Time to color my life

The Fab 5 should have come to visit my family this Memorial Day. It was all about colors and decorating, and fashion. Whew, I might have had an aneurism if it had gone on any longer. Kohls was having a sale on shoes and clothing and so I thought that I would take advantage of it. Mom has been carefully eyeing some couches so she could replace the old on in our main living room (yeah, for some reason we have two.) Since we were both headed for Mishawaka, which is the shopping Mecca for Michianna, we decided to just go in her car. I would drop her off at the J.C. Penny’s specialty store and I would continue onto Kohls and Scottsdale’s. They would call me on the cell when they needed to be picked up.




See, not much of a selection in style or colors...

I’m not much of a dresser. I have no fashion sense. Nope, that all went to my sister who has a wardrobe worth half the house. She’s been voted snazziest dresser at her high school. How ‘bout them apples? So looking here, we can pretty much deduce that I only can recognize shades of light, dark, and blue. I’m like… a dog or something. After a certain comment made my a certain lady friend, who shall go nameless for now, I thought perhaps I should add a touch of color. Reds? No, I’ve got that. In fact, it’s the only color besides the ones that I have already named that I would wear. Green? Well, I wear dark green – usually with some logo of Michigan State University on it. Purple? Eh, not my color. Yellow? Tried it repeatedly in the dressing room. I felt like a Cory Aquino supporter… or a banana. I’m not sure which. Brown? No. I’m looking for color not tones. The only thing that really caught my attention was this orange polo. It felt like a safe step on my way to developing a rainbow wardrobe. In addition, I tried on some camp shirts, and even Hawaiian shirts. They never looked quite right. I felt like a fat nerd who was trying to hard to look popular. So the polo was it for clothes.

Now on for shoes. Up until a few years ago I had three shoes. There were my sneakers, dress shoes, and snow boots. I think my shoe collection has gotten a head start on my clothing for I now have two sets of sneakers, combat boots, snow boots, sandals, flip-flops, dress shoes, and two sets of dress casuals making my Dad ask why I have so many pairs. I went to Kohls for some brown casuals because some of their stuff was half off. There was one pair that I was eyeing. But apparently, they only go up to size 8. Was I in the kid section or something? I started to look around to make sure. Nope it was mens. Muttering a silent “Rats!” I cursed myself for not coming in earlier so I could snag one in my size or a size smaller. No big loss really. Shorts season is coming soon and I wouldn’t be wearing them much anyways. So I guess I will stay with my combat boots for the time being.

I had gone through shirts, pants and shoes and came out with only my orange polo. Still it was a lot of heavy browsing. When I finally left the store, I gave my sister a ring. I told her I was done and would be coming back to Penny’s to meet up with them. When I finally did reach them, it turned out that they had just finished considering buying a couch. Yup they were finished considering. No buying. They were now moving on to drapery. Good God people! Oh, I was about to book it out of there. If they were going to take as long as they did for a couch, I was going to order in a pizza for dinner. With some prodding from me, they actually managed to buy some new drapes that should match the couch that they are considering.

As they are sitting in the living room discussing how their dream room is going to be set up, I took my new shirt and hung it in my closet, admiring how much it stood out.


hmmm... maybe I will go for the bannana look next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?