Greetings From MSU!

Hello everyone. I'm in the Main Library here at Michigan State, taking a break from job hunting. I'm also here to collect some information about getting another degree-- this time in Criminal Justice. But anyways, I can see that I am completely invigorated. I stepped out of the hamster cage* with this huge ass grin and I can tell that people noticed. Oh yeah, I should mention that I'm wearing that awesome orange shirt that I bought the other day. I must say that I had a couple people notice me . It feels like I've returned home and I couldn't be happier. I have got to get a job up here!

The trip up here didn't take long. Just over two hours. Oh, but how I hate those FIPs**! I swear all of them have lead foots as they were on my ass all the way through I-94. I also made sure to keep an eye out for all the beater trucks in case this was they day Chad Fox came through the state. Probably not, now that it sounds like he is stuck in Iowa.

My first stop was to get some money and some lunch. I was hungry for some cafe food. Hey now! Cafe food here is good! Well... most of the time. It may have been expensive to get a meal ticket ($6.75) but it was well worth it. I make it well worth it. Cajun chicken, beef and turkey wrap, chowder, salad, cherry cheesecake, and ice tea. Yum! Not to mention I got to see my friend Brian. He got the internship to D.C. I'm glad he got into the program. He doesn't know where he will end up with yet, but he's looking at some house committee or some think tanks. I'll admit, I'm jealous but he's a cool guy and it still makes me feel good that he's doing so well. I spotted Mario who told me of some former worker that after 4 years still hasn't found a job and had worked for Wal-Mart. (I think he got me and this other dude mixed up.) Thanks Mar, you know how to make me feel better.

So now, I am about to go back to looking for some job posting and some academic possibilities. I may just go deeper into debt and come out with my second B.A. Let's hope that I'll get a job before I go down that road though. Well, I'm off to Baker soon. After that, I am going to see my good friend Sara who is also in town. She's up here to help take care of her niece, Eva. I thought that I would drop by and give her some company.

It's good to be back!!

*It's a parking structure that is sided with colorful tubes. It looks like a hamster cage-- thus the name.
**Fuckin' Illinois People. Or sometimes Fuckin' Indiana People (but only when they do something really bad to tick you off. We love the hoosiers not the Ill-anoyans.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?