A good guy

Kevin Reardon, you’re my hero. (Read that like Cameron Fry’s character in “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.) No, really you are. Who is Kevin you might ask? From what I’ve seen he’s a dispatcher at Luton whose adventures in the airline industry are chronicled on A&E’s “Airline UK.” I probably should say he was a dispatcher because, by the way things are going for him, I think he’s been fired by now.

Not wanting to fight my way through the Star Wars geeks on my night off, I just stayed at home. Dad was watching a marathon of Airline UK that he’d never seen before. CSI wouldn’t be on for a few more hours so I watched with him as I prepared some more cover letters and resumes. Anyways, just watching the show, you can’t help but actually liking Mr. Reardon. He’s just a hardworking guy that always seems to get shafted. Reported, cautioned, and stuck with a boss that doesn’t seem to give a rat’s ass about him. Yet, he grumbles on through his job with slight defiance all to support his family which he says is number one. He goes about his job in a cheerful disposition and is very sociable and likeable. Someone you would want to work with and customers would like. I mean c’mon, he stopped a moving plane that almost left without the passengers’ luggage. Imagine how bad that would have been when the passengers arrived at their destinations with no bags. And yet, Kevin got into hot water for that. It wasn’t his fault that the bags didn’t get loaded but he saved the day.

Talk about no respect (Read that like Rodney Dangerfield)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?