Finales

I’m right in the middle of season and series finales now and I’m deciding how much effort I want to invest in trying to see them. I’m actually going to cover most of the shows that I actually watch so don’t think that I watch much more TV than this ‘cause I don’t.

The Amazing Race:
The season finale for this was actually pretty good but I swear it had to be staged. Before the season aired, they made a huge hype about two teams: Rob & Amber, the contestants from Survivor; and Ron & Kelly, the Army POW and beauty queen. My sock in TAR went down for their use of celebrity or high profile teams. To be realistic, I swear that Ron & Kelly would have to be Philiminated early. Rob & Amber probably should have been Philiminated halfway. I mean, those are the odds. But somehow these two teams plus Uchenna & Joyce made it to the finale. Something stunk of “rigged.” In the end, however, Uchenna & Joyce won the million. All I wanted was one of the regular teams to win and that’s the way it happened. Whatever happened to traveling around the world? They went as far east as India and then went back!

Survivor Palau:
I actually didn’t watch this show. I just caught an episode every now and then to see how many people were left in Ulong. But I watched just enough to hope that Steph of Ulong would somehow carve her way through Korror. I probably wouldn’t have watched this finale if it hadn’t been for the fact that the rest of my family was so I just plopped my big butt down and watched with them. The episode was hardly gripping nor was the outcome hardly surprising.

Star Trek Enterprise:
Oh I was wishing something better than what I got. Enterprise, for me, has truly been a great show to watch. It’s unfortunate that the Star Trek franchise is on the cusp of dead. This last season has been especially great with it becoming more of the prequel that it was intended to be. The finale episode didn’t seem appropriate. If had been a regular episode, I would have been fine with it. After all, seeing (and hearing) old friends was certainly nice. However, that intrusion seemed to take away Enterprise’s own grip on their series. They didn’t “own” their final episode. Instead, we had to see it through the eyes of another generation’s. Not to mention, it made me a little bitter about the relationship between T’pol and Trip. I think that I would have been more comfortable if I just quit watching after the “Terra Prime” story arc.

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation:
Their finale has yet to be aired, but I can’t wait to see it. The previews for the episode look pretty interesting with Nick Stokes being buried alive and clips of his farewell message. They just had to mention that Tarantino is directing this one. Damn… may I say “overrated?” We’ll see when this one comes out.

Desperate Housewives:
My attention to this one has waned over the past couple weeks. It’s due largely to the extended spring hiatus it had plus the fact that I’ve been working. Still the chance to see the mystery fully unraveled is too good to pass up.

Everybody Loves Raymond:
I’m going to see it. Just as simple as that. Great show and good comedy to remind me of some of what goes on in my own family.

Other than those shows, I'm watching Family Guy which will still air new episodes. Then there is the Stargate series and Battlestar Galactica which have stopped a while ago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?