My home


. Posted by Hello
Here is an image of where I live. I'm in the light brown rectangle there.

This guy made me aware that Google is now offering maps that can be converted into satellite images. Mapquest used to do this in a partnership with GlobeXplorer. It used to be quite handy, especially when I was planning my trip to Florida a few years ago. The satellite images of Indianapolis, Louisville, Nashville, Chattanooga, and Atlanta, really helped me navigate the interstate lanes.

So I tried Google's new service (it's still beta.) Their image bank is nowhere near as complete as it should be. I couldn't get images of other notable sites such as Michigan State. I could with GlobeXplorer. I'm glad that Google has decided to pick this service up since Mapquest no longer offers it. I just hope that this beta won't take as long as their gmail service. (Oh BTW, I have almost a 100 gmail invites to give away. If you want one, just leave a comment or email me.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?