The Calm Before the Storm

Tomorrow is inventory day for the store. Because of that, there were no trucks to unload today. In addition, we couldn't move merchandise from the back because they were binned and set to be counted. Instead of working out in the back, the managers sent us out onto the sales floor to put up what was left of grocery stock, and then straightening and facing the merchandise so it was easier to count.

I caught my friend Adam when he was getting off work. Like I have mentioned before, although he and I work at the same store, we rarely see each other, much less socialize. It was his birthday so I went with him to the break room to get a slice of cake. It was the highlight of my easy day. Happy Birthday Adam!

We got out of the store on time today but tomorrow is going to be a bitch. Inventory officially starts. From what I was told to expect, we still won't be able to touch the shipments until inventory is over. That won't happen until probably 7, 7:30. So then we will begin unloading 3 hours late. And normally we have two trucks to process. Tomorrow we will have three.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?