The Weekend

Sorry to say that I didn’t do much over the weekend. Saturday was my highlight. I hurried to get my chores done so that I could get to the Niles Federal Credit Union before it closed at noon. With my wallet fattened, I was now ready to go get some drinks or whatever. In the end, I ended up hanging out at Rachel’s (Adam’s sister) house. There, I watched the second Kill Bill film. I’m not into mindless killing films but since there was nothing else on, I watched it. Still, I can’t say that I am compelled to watch the first one. Hell, I figured out how Bill was going to die as soon as I saw the seen where they were talking about that pressure point move.

I made some loose suggestions that Season and I should make plans to go see Europe. Lately, I’ve been itching to do some traveling. Assuming that I get a job within the year, I’m hoping to see a plan to go by 2007. Since I’m probably only going to get about a week, I was thinking about sticking mainly to England, France, and maybe Germany. I’d have to do some good research to make sure that most of my time isn’t spent traveling from place to place. If I can get others to hop on this idea, it will be even better. Given my past dating history, I’m not counting on a relationship so I would be doing this alone or with friends. I’d like friends please.

For this summer though, Season said that she was planning to go to Chicago. She said that I could tag along if I wanted. We’re anticipating trips to the local museums and sites. Chicago has some great places to visit if you are interested. There’s the Museum of Science and Industry, the Shedd Aquarium, the Adler Planetarium, and the Art Institute of Chicago. I’m looking forward to going to the top of the Sears Tower which is the tallest office building in North America. It used to be the world until the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur were built. It still holds one world record though: the largest antennas. (Everybody: Ooooh)

Still looking for something cheap, I was thinking about taking a trip out west for 2006. I’ve already been to California and wouldn’t mind going back, but I was thinking about the west—not the west coast. I’ve been to most of Midwestern states, some in New England, and all of the ones between Michigan and Florida. What I have yet to see is out west. I’ve always wanted to see the Grand Canyon. That is at the top of the list. If I had the time, I would also make an effort to see Yellowstone in Wyoming, Craters of the Moon in Idaho, or Yosemite in California. The problem with this plan, though, is that I would want to drive there rather than fly. If I do that, I would only have time to drive out, take a day, and then drive back. (Ahh, the problems when your country is so damn big.) It may be more expensive, but I could fly out and then rent a car. Time vs. money.

The picture below is from Lee, a friend from Korea who was a study abroad student to MSU. While he was here, he took a trip out to the canyon and gave me a copy of this picture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?