From the dumps to high heaven.

Well, let me tell you about my St. Patrick’s Day. First of all, I did nothing for the holiday so if you are expecting a story of me getting wasted, you’re wasting your time. Well, you’re wasting more time than you normally would on my blog.

My mom gets up for work early and leaves around 6am. Usually, I’m not awake when she goes but this morning I was. I heard her mumbling and by the sound of it, she was complaining about something to my dad. Then I heard him say, “He’s trying. He’s trying.” I knew what it was about. She’s wants me to get a job now and move out of the house.

She’s is right. I should be out on my own and supporting myself. Since my job hunt began though, there hasn’t been one place that expressed interest in me. Most had never even acknowledged my application. Two were kind enough to at least say, “We’re sorry, but you just don’t have the experience.” Like I said in an earlier post I am this close to just taking a job at Burger King. Okay, okay… it was more like Wal-Mart but you get my drift.

So I was in the dumps when I finally rolled out of bed. When I got on the internet, I checked some job sites again. Nothing that was realistic. I did give some more consideration for the Peace Corps. I know that Professor Bernsten would give me a letter of recommendation for that. But I’m not sure if I want to leave the country for such a long time. Hell I was ready to go home after five months in the Philippines for study abroad. There was also Americorps to consider. If I get backed into a corner I may just go for these.

Things may have turned around however when I received a call on my cell from Derek. I worked with him when I interned for State Representative Neal Nitz. It was a bit surprising since I hadn’t heard from them in a while. It turns out that there may be a job opening happening soon. It has been my best lead yet. The great thing is that the vacancy hasn’t been made public yet.

I shot an email to Mrs. Hess, my old English teacher. She now works at Buchanan High School. I asked her critique my resume and cover letter. I want to make this right. Amazingly, she replied a few hours latter, so I will be meeting her tomorrow after school.

Everyone wish me luck. I’m going to need it. If I get this, my mom gets her wish as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?