Cursed


Wes Craven did this?

Sara’s parents wanted to go see a movie while they were there. I didn’t pay attention when they were deciding what film they wanted to see. Hell, if they were paying my ticket… they can watch whatever they wanted. Unfortunately, the movie theater in Mount Pleasant is Celebration Cinema which is horrendously expensive: $7.50 for a ticket. They dare to sell 2 cokes and a bag of popcorn for $10 and call it a “value combo.” I thought that we were going to see “Constantine” but found out that we were going to watch “Cursed.”

Now normally, I’m not into horror movies. Based on what I saw in the previews for “Cursed,” I wasn’t going to give it much thought. I thought it was about some kind of vampire story the way Christina Ricci took a bite into this one guy’s neck. “Another one of those…,” I thought. At least I was watching it with good people though. Actually, I always got a kick watching Sara try a horror movie. This time, I managed to see her try and watch through her fingers.

The movie, started out as expected. It had the horror thing going on pretty well-- a couple of quick killings where you couldn’t see the monster. It was quickly learned that this was a movie about werewolves. I’m not going to go into the movie specifics. I only want to comment, that while this movie did have the potential to be a horror movie, it failed. It quickly evolved into a comedy. After the first two murders, it was just funny to watch.

I’m not saying that I hated the movie or I regret going. I just think, I experienced a little false advertising. I was expecting horror. I got comedy. No, it’s not at all a good movie. It’s just something that you can enjoy watching once and then never seeing again. It was fun to watch, but if at all possible, either find a way to watch it free or at a substantial discount.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?