Went to the office as a visitor

I told Derek that I will be dropping into the office sometime this week and today was the day. While I was going down there, I thought that it would be likely that one or both would not be there. It was a pretty good assumption because when I got there, only Chris was there. I talked to him a little about a job offer that I really wasn't thrilled about. It was the only position being offered with the House and it was a part time office worker for 10 dollars per hour. Curiosity got the best of me and I asked what their positions paid. He said starting out, I should expect $25,000 per year. Well it certainly was better than $18,000 that posting was offering. But he did give me pause to at least consider that I should consider biting the bullet for it would be only a few years before I reach or surpass $30,000.

When Derek came in, we talked a little bit about some other stuff. He also showed me Rep. Nitz's new computer. The representatives were given HP tablet PC's which look pretty nifty. Derek certainly seemed proud of them. He knew that I was concerned about finding a job, so he personally called human resources to see if there might be any job openings that weren't posted. I really appreciated this gesture. There was something, but more info was needed. If he hears anything, I should expect a message from Derek. Cross your fingers for me!

My visit had to be cut short because of some lunch that was being held. From what I was told, it was for people who did door to door so I was invited to join them. It was kind of short notice and it seemed to me that his buddies that had just dropped by had already made some kind of plans. Besides I had to be back for work in a few hours.

I'm going to have to take them out for a drink should I make it back to Lansing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?