My Last Night on the Job

[Listening to "The Final Countdown" as I write.]

Tonight was my last shift. It's kind of sad that I won't be seeing some of my fellow coworkers and dare I say friends any more. Luckily I got to see some of the people that I liked for the last time.

I had return to where I had started-- the dishroom. I hadn't worked dish for almost a year but I really kicked ass tonight. I was working efficiently and it was actually enjoyable. My only complaint was two gentlemen who obviously didn't know the rhythm of dish. It was pretty frustrating trying to work with them. It's not that they didn't work... they just didn't work in proper step.

Liz stopped early that night and gave me a hug goodbye. I had given some serious thoughts about asking her out. It's a lame excuse, but I had only met her about two months ago at Brian's birthday celebration at the Peanut Barrel. She and a few of us stayed until 2 am just talking. As the rest of the semester I had enjoyed taking my lunches with her in Abbott. She and I were both at graduation together and I am glad that I was able to walk with her.

When I was leaving at the end of the shift, Brian came up to me and shook my hand. It has been a blast to know Brian and I certainly will miss him being around. I probably will never find the word "BITCHES" ever offensive again. Like me, he is interested in politics. I hope that he gets that internship in Washington D.C. next year.

With Brian were Britt and my boss Mario. They got the clue that this would be my last time that I would see them. Mario shook my hand as well. It was a pleasure to work with a boss as awesome as him.

Britt is probably one of the friendliest persons that I know. She actually reminds me a lot of Rachelle Wiler. Like Miss Wiler, Britt was also in AFROTC. I wish that I got to know her better but I wish her well.

There are many others that I wish that I could have said goodbye to. I would have liked to list you guys but there are a lot and I know that I would forget some of y'all. But you know who you are. It's been an honor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?