Hail to the Chief -- President Bush

I took a couple days to enjoy the euphoria of having my candidate win so it took me a little while to get to this.

The night of Nov. 2nd, I went to the election party that was being held in Mason cafeteria. They were promising raffle prizes. Not being the one to turn down a raffle nor free food, I went. Besides, I wanted to see how the others here were going to take it. I brought my laptop down with me so that I can get updates on the election through the internet. The net also allowed me to choose what info that I wanted to see. For example, I could watch the returns for an individual state.

I was with mostly democrats but there were some groups of republicans that came though. I got to talk with a few people who were interested what info I could look up with the computer. One guy in particular was ancy about the returns of the key states of Florida and Ohio.

It toward 12am when I called it quits. The pop, chips, and icecream were gone. I had won a $10 gift card to Beaner's. Ohio and Iowa were still undecided and it looked like the count was going to drag on. If it was close, I would have expected Kerry to contest anyways. Since I had to wake up early the next day, I just went to bed. With Iowa and Ohio leaning ever so slightly, I was willing to just wait to find out in the morning. I left knowing that Bush was at 269 in the electoral votes. Although it was possible for Kerry to tie, there was no way for Kerry to win. If Kerry did manage to tie, it would have gone to the House of Representatives who most likely would have elected Bush anyways.

In the morning, I breathed a sigh of relief that Ohio had been called for Bush. Yet, the Kerry camp was determined to see if the provisional ballots were going to put Kerry over the top. They believed that the provisional ballots were Kerry's. We come to realize that it would still take a commanding percentage to overcome Bush's lead (around 75% I heard.) That wasn't likely.

Kerry must have realized this and called Bush to concede.

I'm not going to kick the democrats when they are down. But I will say that I did have some small sense of satisfaction that the arrogant and condescending floormates were now upset. I was delighted that Michael Moore couldn't say anything on his website. Moore even had the gall to say, "you're fired." As if he knew that Bush would lose!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?