Election Day

Today I voted. I would have voted a straight ticket, but there were a couple dems I put in. One was Joel Ferguson to the MSU Board of Trustees. Aside from Cavanaugh, I decided to reelect the sitting judges. Two of the positions weren’t even contested!

I voted “no” on the two state proposals and on the one local proposal. Prop 1 wanted to bring up a state-wide vote whenever new gambling was proposed. I believe that gambling issues are appropriately vested in the legislature and I think it should stay that way. Prop 2 would have Michigan recognize only heterosexual marriage. I accept the opposition’s assertion that this proposal is overly broad and potentially sweeping in scope. The local prop would like to up taxes a little to subsidize elderly transportation. I voted “no,” because I don’t own land and have an aversion to raising taxes.

Interested to know how I to know I voted? Well, if you are interested:

President
George Bush

U.S. Congressman, 8th District
Mike Rogers

State Representative, 69th District
Angela Lindsay (only because I really dislike Gretchen Whitmer)

State Board of Education
Nancy Danhof
Robert M. Smart

University of Michigan
Patrick Anderson
Carl Meyers

Michigan State University
Randall Pittman
Joel Ferguson

Wayne State University
Susan Haroutunian
Paul Hillegonds

Prosecuting Attorney
Laura Moody

Sheriff
James Gill (a really cool guy)

County Clerk
D. Shane Gruber

Treasurer
Scott Clarke

Register of Deeds
Talbot Ziegler

Drain Commissioner
Scott McDonald

Supreme Court
Stephen J. Markman
Marilyn Kelly

4th District Court
Donald Owens
William Whitbeck

30th Circuit
Michael Cavanaugh

Proposal 1: NO
Proposal 2: NO
Ingham County Proposal: NO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?