Friday, May 10, 2024

Northern Lights

A friend in Scotland and my aunt in Ireland posted some pictures of the northern lights on their facebook accounts while I was at work. That night, I was running a drawing and I could not wait for that promotion to end so I get get out and go see the lights for myself.

South Bend

As soon as I got out of work, I went up to the top of the parking garage. I could see some green in the sky but putting the camera on night mode revealed much more.

I sent pictures to friends and family in case they were missing out. After all, I would hope someone would do that for me.

I took the bypass up to Berrien Springs in hopes of darker skies and but I think I was catching the tail end. My friend Molly had sent back some amazing shots but when I got near to where she was about half an hour later, the colors and structures were more muted.

Near Berrien Springs


Still, I was excited to experience this. I haven't seen the northern lights since 2001, also from the top of a parking garage at Michigan State University. With the sun approaching solar maximum, I hope I get another chance soon.

No comments:

Welcome James!

US Immigration sucks. It has taken a while but my cousin's stepson, James, has made it to America and has been reunited with his mother....