Service Pack 2... Damn you!

Now, I'm not the most tech-savy person in the world. Somewhere on my computer lies the remnants of a virus that still won't allow my Norton firewall to work. But anyways... a while ago i heard that Microsoft was comming out with Service Pack 2 that was supposed to be a major patch for Windows XP. With all these patches, I can actually feel my computer getting heavier and heavier. Time to switch to Apple? Maybe.

So the thing got installed today and did two things to piss me off. First, it somehow altered my Windows movie maker. I need that program to rip off streaming music! I hate to download illegaly because I'm too much of a chicken to risk getting sued by the RIAA. Besides, I don't mind that the music is lower quality... as long as I can enjoy it.

Now that I've just said that I don't download illegaly anymore... my program that allows me to do so now no longer works. When I started the program, the apparently beefed-up Windows firewall asked me if I wanted to allow it to access the internet. Obviously I did. Yet, it can never make a connection with anyone else.

I am anticipating more screwed up crap to come my way.

-------------------

In case you haven't done so yet.... There are only a few days to register to vote. If my memory serves, October 4 is the last day.

-------------------

And for those who stumble in here... please feel free to post comments, questions,... whatever. I'm always looking to meet new people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?