100 Things About Me

1. I was born at 5:32 AM
2. In Las Vegas, NV
3. I am half Asian and half White
4. I used to call my self Cauc-Asian
5. Then I realized that was stupid. Now I just say I’m multi-racial.
6. I love my mixed heritage.
7. Sadly, I don’t know too much about my family history beyond the grandparents.
8. I have lived in three countries and four states but I don’t think that’s impressive.
9. Nevadan by birth. Michigander for life.
10. I’ve got a birthmark underneath my right wrist.
11. I used to think it was from a watch.
12. I had my mom buy Honey Comb cereal once so that I could have my own watch.
13. At the time, I didn’t know how to tell time. I didn’t learn that for a couple more years.
14. I remember being able to play in the streets as a child.
15. I won’t even ride my bike on the road as an adult. At least not where I live now.
16. I remember begging my parents for a Big Wheel.
17. They had me skip that step and I got a regular bike instead.
18. I paid for my very first “big bike.”
19. I busted my big bear bank to pay for it.
20. I’d say that there was ten dollars worth of coins in it but Mom said it was enough.
21. I used to have brown hair. Then it went black. I think it’s going back to brown. I hope I’m imagining. At least it’s not falling out.
22. I’m very quiet.
23. Until I get comfortable around you, then you might never get me to shut up.
24. Even though I talk, I rarely talk about anything deep or personal. I am trying to change that.
25. It’s probably because I’ve been used to carrying a secret for all my life.
26. I’m gay.
27. I’m a conservative.
28. I’m an ethnic gay conservative.
29. The guy I’ll end up with will probably be nothing like me.
30. I’m okay with that. Most of my friends are liberal, white, heterosexual females so I guess I’m not clicking with anyone who is similar to me. Not that I’ve met one who is.
31. When it comes to music, I’m eclectic.
32. I’ve denied it, but I listen to rap, country, and classical.
33. In general, I love 80’s pop music.
34. I’m a sci-fi geek.
35. I almost won a trivia contest at a Star Trek convention. I was one question away.
36. I bonded with my fifth grade substitute teacher over Doctor Who. No one else in the class knew what we were talking about.
37. I’ve only been in one physical fight and it was with a friend.
38. It was only a shove when he took an eggroll off my plate.
39. Yes, I’ll get violent over eggrolls (Lumpia, to be specific).
40. The Atkins diet would never work for me. I reject any diet that tells me to get rid of rice.
41. I like to take pictures. One day I’ll get a great camera.
42. When I travel abroad, I think of contingency plans in case I need to reach the United States embassy.
43. The closest I ever had to executing a plan, was during a coup in the Philippines.
44. I used to carry junk with me in case I ever needed to MacGyver something. I never did.
45. I crashed my grandmother’s tractor into the pole barn. I have refused to drive tractors since.
46. I can reasonably identify hundreds of varieties of fruits and vegetables by sight.
47. When picking blueberries, about a quarter of the berries never make it to my picking bucket.
48. The highest elected official that I’ve come closest to meeting was former Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich. He’s shorter than I imagined.
49. I could have met President George W. Bush but I was late to the rally and couldn’t get to the reserved area.
50. My favorite city is Chicago. The next is Washington, D.C.
51. I hate driving in the city.
52. I define city as being a community that uses one-way streets.
53. Hey, I grew up in a village whose only traffic signal is one blinking red and yellow light.
54. I was on the Track and Field team in high school.
55. I was only on the track once.
56. I ran the four by one. My cousin called it the pork chop run. I’ve never forgiven him for that.
57. I had a marriage-by-40 agreement with one of my friends.
58. I had to rescind it.
59. If we were both still single by then… well…
60. I’ve flown a plane. It was kinda boring.
61. I love flying though.
62. I’ve thought of becoming an air steward. But I keep thinking of a fiery death.
63. The Navy and Marines are out of the question when it comes to service. I have a big fear of drowning in the hull of ship that I can’t escape.
64. I’d like a quick death.
65. I’m a Lutheran but I’ve excommunicated myself.
66. I’ve considered becoming a Catholic but I’m not big on the Pope.
67. One of my most enjoyable classes in college was my capstone course where I learned about Islam.
68. I intended my capstone course to be International Relations based.
69. My B.A. so far, has been totally useless but it could be a stepping stone to law school.
70. I want to work in family law. If I make it into law school and then get through it, we’ll see if that changes.
71. I used to hate it when my dad drank beer. Not because he couldn’t handle it, but because I held him to a higher standard when it came to his behavior.
72. I did not really drink alcohol until college.
73. I’ve been drunk three times. Maybe four. You have the Air Force to thank for that.
74. When I was in elementary, I looked forward to dissecting something in junior high. When I got to junior high, they moved dissection up to high school. When I got to high school, they cut it out of the curriculum. So I hoped to do it in college where the closest I got to a dissection was playing with pig intestines. I’m kind of bitter about it.
75. I graduated university a virgin. The spire on Beaumont Tower did not fall down. Maybe the virgin has to be female.
76. I’ve always wanted to experience an earthquake.
77. I can say that I’ve been in the eye of a hurricane. It’s actually an odd experience.
78. I’m currently 25 years old and I still can’t grow a beard and it drives me nuts.
79. Being tongue tied is not just an expression. I should know because I have the actual condition.
80. I should have a speech impediment because I’m tongue tied but I’ve compensated for it. I won’t get my ligament snipped in fear that a looser tongue might actually affect my speech.
81. When I told my grandma that I was tongue tied, I said, “I know. I’m going to be a huge disappointment.” She laughed. I couldn’t believe I just said that to her.
82. After speaking at the pulpit in church, I was told that I have a good speaking voice. Grandpa said I should be come a preacher.
83. Later that night I made a promise to God that if he made me like girls, I would. I no longer make those deals.
84. I had surgery for the first time a couple years ago. I was excited about it. I even asked if I could have a copy if they videotaped me. They didn’t.
85. I used to get asthma attacks from coral dust. I’d gladly use an inhaler if I could live in the Florida Keys again.
86. When I was living in the Philippines, I made a game out of trying to trap roaming goats in my yard. I was only successful once. Those suckers are fast.
87. Remember when you had to read in school and there was always that one kid that couldn’t read very well? You would loose patience as s/he struggled to get out the words. I empathized with them because I used to be like that when trying to read Tagalog.
88. In second grade, my teacher let us use candles to melt crayon wax for an art project. She let us play with fire. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.
89. That school almost burnt down. (not because of the art project)
90. My high school class had about twenty people.
91. I was in the top five. There were only five who made 3.0 and above.
92. My senior year, there were eight community scholarships available with nine of us competing for them. I ended up being the one who didn’t get one.
93. Hmm, I was the only person of color in my class. (Not that I’m saying anything.)
94. With all my experience with racism, I’ve been called plenty of racial slurs. Not one person has used the correct one.
95. One person called me the n-word. I practically fell on the floor laughing at his ignorance.
96. I’ve known people who would describe me as negative. I think they confuse it with realism splashed with a bit of cynicism.
97. My sense of humor is not well received because of that.
98. I am much more open with strangers than with family and friends. I keep asking myself why that isn’t switched around. I think it’s because I don’t have much to loose.
99. I would shut this blog down if it weren’t for people who come back and comment. It shows me that someone cares at least to deal with this drivel.
100. I may not be a great commenter on other blogs, but I am always lurking around. Mwah ha ha.


[actually posted on 11 May 2007]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?