Erm. That Was Quick...

I've tried to avoid blogging about work but it has been consuming my time and thoughts lately. My transfer back has been approved. I was called earlier this week and gave my verbal acceptance of the "offer". I signed my paperwork on Thursday. Then, I found out my effective date of the transfer is the 5th.

Usually, transfers are planed a minimum of two full weeks out. The reason is that schedules are created that far in advance. Also, the transfer has to take place on a Monday as that is the start of a new pay period. I had steeled myself to tough it out for another three weeks for good measure. So an effective date of the 5th was both relieving and concerning.

It's relieving as I can finally stop stressing over the current job demands. But it's concerning because this is unusual and it makes me wonder if they are throwing me into a project that they might not want to be handling at the moment.  In addition, my schedule hasn't been updated and I'm not sure what hours I will be working past this Sunday. My official schedule still has me on overnights and does not reflect the transfer of position.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?