A Burger and a Job

Today was a good day. Chase and I had made a plans to check out a burger joint about 40 minutes north of us. It's like a road stand burger joint in the middle of nowhere. Yet, I can see why it gets good reviews. Big burgers for the right price. I seriously underestimated the size of these things and looked like a fool trying to get it in my mouth!

I think more importantly, it was good to get out with someone. With my work schedule the way it is, I find it difficult trying to connect with people. Unfortunately, it's about to get worse.

I signed papers for a promotion of sorts. A 10% raise spoke to me. Plus, I had to make a career decision again lest I let myself get stuck again. I have a tendency to find a comfortable place and stick it out. When I started this job, I made decided that I needed to take opportunities when they presented themselves. I can not go through life playing it safe.

This is a needed stepping stone in my career path. It's analogous to MSU's 200 level courses. It'll be tough. It'll suck, but if I get through it, the rewards may be worth it. What I worry now is that I will now be working overnights. Nothing is final, yet, but as the newest person in the position, I'll likely get the unwanted shifts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?