Frozen and Humiliation

A group of managers want me to apply for a floor supervisor position. It's a parallel position to the one I currently have but it opens up the possibility of going further up the management track. The trouble is that I don't want to go out on the floor. My current position tests my introverted nature enough as it is. Would I want a position that doesn't pay more but adds more stress?

I have to push on so I went online to put in my application. Another posting caught my eye, however. It was a Management in Training position. This surprised me as this is a tribal program. I wouldn't expect to see it on the public postings. I looked at the requirements - tribal citizen was not one of them. I brought this up to some people at work and they were questioning it to but encouraged me to try it out anyways.

I made an application for the floor sup position. I also did it for the MIT position. In the middle of the application for that, a question popped up to ask if I was a citizen. Of course, I have to be honest and as soon as I submitted that I wasn't, the app wrapped up my application and ended it. I'm feeling a little humiliated. I really would have like to have gotten that.

A friend may have something else up her sleeve, however...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?